Pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.01 and A.R.S. §20-663(C), notice is hereby given to the Board of Directors of the Arizona Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Fund (“APCIGF”) and to the Public that the Board of Directors of APCIGF will hold its Annual Meeting, which will be open to the Public, at the following time, date and location:
9:00 a.m., Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Phoenix, AZ 85007
In light of current State and Federal Government recommendations not to hold gatherings of more than 10 people, this meeting will be held virtually. Instructions on how the public may participate in this meeting are below. For additional information, please call (602) 364-3863, or contact APCIGF staff at [email protected].
The following options will be available for public attendance:
Google Meet – Join by phone
1 928-793-9094; PIN: 585 992 343#
Google Meet - Video link
**NOTE: Members of the public do not need to have a Google account to participate in this meeting.**
**Please note that members of the public that choose to utilize Google Meet must keep their microphone muted for the duration of the meeting. If a member of the public wishes to speak, they may request to unmute their microphone by pressing *6.
As indicated in the Agenda, the Board of Directors may vote to go into Executive Session to discuss certain matters. Such executive session will not be open to the public.
The Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Announcement that the Annual Meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Anti-Trust Compliance Policy adopted by the Board of Directors and in compliance with Arizona law (A.R.S. §§ 38-501 to 38-511) concerning the disclosure of conflicts of interest with regard to any matter before the Board for consideration.
2. Review, discussion and possible approval of the minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors held March 10, 2020.
3. Executive Session, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3), to confer with legal counsel concerning legal issues in connection with items referenced in this Notice and Agenda.
4. Report concerning detection and prevention of insolvency activity, and any discussion or action related thereto.
5. Executive Session, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2) and A.R.S. § 20-671, for the purpose of receiving information about and discussing the financial condition of one or more member insurers.
6. Election of officers and appointment of standing committees.
7. Financial Reports and any discussion and action related thereto as follows:
A. Report concerning the results of the independent financial audit for the year ended December 31, 2019;
B. Review of the performance of the APCIGF investment portfolios through August 31, 2020;
C. Review of the financial condition of APCIGF through July 31, 2020.
D. Report concerning the Auditor General’s review of APCIGF’s financial statements with respect to the FY2020 CAFR.
8. Report regarding claims activity through August 31, 2020, and any discussion, consideration, or decisions related thereto:
A. Auto Account;
B. Other Account;
C. Workers’ Compensation Account.
D. Status of claims software contract with Lightspeed Data Solutions.
9. Report from the Executive Director, discussion and possible action regarding the following:
A. Status of change in the Fund’s basis of accounting from modified cash to accrual.
B. Issues between APCIGF and the Special Fund of the Industrial Commission of Arizona concerning the allocation of receivership recoveries.
10. Determination of the Date, Time and Place of the Board meetings to be held during the ensuing year.
11. Call to the Public. This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not on the Agenda. Therefore, action taken as a result of any public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a later date.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the Arizona Department of Insurance, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator (602) 364-3764. Requests should be made as early as possible to arrange the accommodation.
ARIZONA PROPERTY AND CASUALTY INSURANCE GUARANTY FUND
Dated this 8th day of September, 2020.
/Sara M. Begley
Sara M. Begley
Chair of the Board of Directors